Statewide Book Drive
The Maryland Commission on African American History & Culture (MCAAHC) invites Marylanders’ contributions to its first-ever statewide book drive. Donations of unused books in alignment with the MCAAHC mission are welcomed now through February 2024. The MCAAHC serves to be a voice and venue against the marginalization, false narratives, book banning, and other systemic practices that suppress, subordinate, and misrepresent the history of Maryland African Americans.
How to Donate
Please contact your respective local public library staff for more information regarding donation sites near you. You can also host a book drive and giveaway within your own community!
*UPDATE: Book donations will also be accepted at the MCAAHC February 2024 Public Meeting.
Participating libraries include:
- Baltimore City Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Calvert County Public Library
- Cecil County Public Library
- Garrett County Ruth Enlow Library
- Harford County Public Library
- Somerset County Library System
- Washington County Free Library
- Worcester County Free Library
Questions? Email the Statewide Book Drive Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.